Reductil slimming pill is prescribed as an appetite suppressant for
individuals whose body mass index (BMI) is 30 or higher. It may be
prescribed for individuals with a BMI of 27 if they have high-risk
weight related conditions. Reductil works most effectively
to aid weight loss when combined with changes to diet and
exercise habits, by making it easier to make healthy lifestyle
choices. Because Reductil works to reduce hunger and stimulate
your metabolism, it increases the effectiveness of a healthier
diet and moderate exercise in promoting weight loss. Diet
and exercise changes must be maintained after you have stopped
taking Reductil to keep lost weight from returning.
If you have a weight-related disorder such as diabetes or high
blood pressure, Reductil may help you see positive results more quickly,
reducing the danger of weight-related disease.
Reductil boosts serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, some of
the nervous system's chemical messengers. Be cautious of drug interactions
when contemplating mixing Reductil with other drugs that may do the
same. Some drug interactions could be dangerous.
Reductil 10 mg, brand name Obirax manufactured by Micro Laboratories, comes in multiples of 50 capsules.
Order Reductil online
Reductil usage for periods longer than two years have not been
studied. Use Reductil only as long as your doctor recommends it and do not exceed the suggested dosage.
Common Reductil side effects may include: High blood pressure;
patients taking Reductil are urged to have their doctors regularly
monitor their blood pressure. Constipation, dry mouth, or difficulty
sleeping may result. If these side effects persist, contact your
doctor for advice.
Less common Reductil side effects may include: Aching muscles,
chills, headache, increased heart rate, menstrual pain, sweating.
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience weakness,
chest pain, shortness of breath, fainting, swelling of the feet
or ankles, hives, rash, or itching. These side effects are unlikely,
but may indicate a serious or allergic reaction to Reductil. If you
have any of these reactions, you should stop taking Reductil immediately,
and will not be able to continue treatment with it.
Cautions: Reductil slimming pill is not recommended for patients with certain
conditions or medical histories, and may only be recommended with
caution for others. Please advise your doctor if you have a history
of any of the following to ensure that your treatment is safe and
- Allergic reaction to Reductil or any other drug.
- Coronary artery disease
- Eating disorder
- Gallstones - Weight loss can cause an increase of gallstones.
- Glaucoma - particularly narrow angle glaucoma
- Heart disease - Do not use Reductil.
- High or low blood pressure - Use Reductil only under close supervision,
and only if your condition is controlled by medication.
- Irregular heartbeat - Do not use Reductil.
- Kidney or liver disease - Reductil has not been tested in individuals
with these conditions .
- Migraine - Prescription migraine medication may not be safe
to mix with Reductil.
- Overactive thyroid
- Seizures - Reductil could increase the risk of seizure.
- Substance abuse - While the risk of dependence is low,
is classed as a controlled substance.
Reductil slimming pill should be taken with caution, or not at all, with the following
medications. When used with Reductil, many of these medications increase
the chance of developing the rare, but serious, side effect known
as serotonin syndrome. Serotonin syndrome may cause confusion, restlessness,
lowered coordination, shivering or trembling, diarrhea, fever, sweating,
twitching, or behaving with an excitement you can not control. Let
your doctor know if you are taking, or plan to take, any of the
following medications during your Reductil treatment.
- Alcohol - Avoid large amounts of alcohol while taking
as alcohol's sedative effects may be exaggerated.
- Allergy or hay fever medication
- Amphetamines - Avoid mixing amphetamines like Adderall, Dexedrine,
or Desoxyn with Reductil.
- Antifungals like fluconazole,
itraconazole, and possibly others may increase the
possibility of Reductil toxicity.
- Appetite suppressants or other diet pills - Mixing Reductil with
other diet pills such as phentermine, fenfluramine or dexfenfluramine,
benzphetamine, phendimetrazine, mazindol,
or diethylpropion have not been shown to be safe or
- Cold or sinus medication containing dextromethorphan
- Increases the risk of developing serotonin syndrome.
- Erythromycin - May inhibit the metabolism of Reductil
- Herbal weight loss supplements - These may contain ephedra,
or other stimulants, and should not be mixed with Reductil.
- Lithium (Eskalith) - Do not combine.
- Moclobemide - Do not use moclobemide within 3 days of
using Reductil. This may increase your chance of developing serotonin
- MAO inhibitors - Reductil must never be mixed with MAO (monoamine
oxidase) inhibitors such as the antidepressants Eldepryl, Nardil,
Marplan, or Parnate. Never use Reductil within 2 weeks of starting
or stopping an MAO inhibitor. The reaction could be fatal.
Patients over 65 should allow a longer wait period between using
Reductil and an MAO, as medications may stay in their system longer
than in other patients.
- Migraine medications of the triptan class such as naratriptan, sumatriptan, rizatriptan, or zolmitriptan may lead to toxicity.
- Narcotic/opioid analgesics like Cialis, meperidine, buprenorphine, propoxyphene, hydromorphone, morphine, nalbuphine, oxycodone,
- Ketaconazole - May inhibit the metabolism of Reductil
- Modafinil -
May increase CNS stimulation unacceptably.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like citalopram, fluoxetine,
- Sinemet (carbidopa, levodopa)
- Street drugs of any type should not be mixed with Reductil. They
may be unpredictably laced with stimulants, or interfere dangerously
with serotonin levels.
- Tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline, amoxapine, clomipramine, desipramine, doxepin,
imipramine, nortriptyline, protriptyline, and trimipramine, may increase
the risk of side effects from Reductil.
- Tryptophan, or 5-HTP - This supplement may increase the risk of serotonin
syndrome when mixed with Reductil.
- Sildenafil - Reductil
may increase the likelihood of side effects from this treatment.
It is not safe to combine Reductil with any other stimulant or appetite
suppressant. Further, Reductil does not mix well with medication
designed to improve depression or anxiety. Exercise caution when
buying over the counter medications or supplements, and always consult
your doctor if you have doubts about the safety of
any drug combination.
All recommended dosages are for adults undertaking a physician
supervised weight loss program. Children under 16 should not
- 10 mg - Usual starting dosage for Reductil
- 15 mg - Maximum recommended dosage
If you miss a dose of Reductil, skip it and wait until it is
time for your next regular dose. Never take a double dose of
as this could increase the likelihood of side effects and addiction.
Store Reductil away from direct light and heat. Store in a dry location;
avoid storing it in the bathroom, near sinks, or other areas where
it may become damp. Do not use Reductil after the expiration date.
Keep Reductil away from children; both when storing it, and
when discarding any unused medication.
If you experience dry mouth, this may be relieved by chewing sugarless
gum, ice, or drinking plenty of water. If this symptom, or any other,
persists, you should inform your doctor immediately.
Reductil does not appear to cause mood changes, lightheadedness,
or drowsiness. Still, you should be aware of your reactions to
before deciding to drive, operate machinery, or perform any other
potentially dangerous tasks.
For maximum effect, you should combine Reductil use with a healthier
diet and moderate exercise.
Medications like Reductil have been known to cause birth defects.
Advise your doctor if you are pregnant, or intend to become pregnant.
Individuals taking Reductil are advised to use effective contraception.
Reductil is not recommended during breastfeeding as it has not been
shown to be safe, and may cause unwanted side effects in your newborn.
Reductil has not been studied for safety or use for children and
it is not recommended for children under 16.
Reductil has not been studied separately in older adults. There
are no special recommendations or cautions for seniors,
is not expected to have different side effects.
This document is provided for information only. It is not a substitute for consultation with a physician, either to diagnose symptoms or prescribe treatment. Any dosages mentioned are general guidelines only, please follow the directions of your doctor exactly when taking
Reductil. We have made every effort to ensure that this information is accurate, but only your doctor can say if Reductil, or drug combination, is safe
for you. It should not be construed to indicate that to order and
use Reductil is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Consult
your healthcare professional before you order Reductil slimming pill.